WISE LA and the LA Galaxy Foundation came together to host 100 women for a pre-game networking reception and an all-star panel of inspirational women last week at the LA Galaxy vs. Vancouver Whitecaps match. The event was presented by LA Galaxy’s partner, Herbalife.
The event also provided the perfect platform for the LA Galaxy to formally celebrate the launch of the LA Galaxy Girls Academy (first in the MLS), a monumental milestone for the LA Galaxy in providing young women a pathway to pursue their athletic endeavors in alignment with one of the top clubs in the MLS!
The women on the panel touched on many topics – the progress women have made in sports with specific stories shared by the panelists on where they came from, support they received along the way, and most importantly where they believe women are still needing to go.
The panel consisted of the following accomplished women:
- Katie Pandolfo, General Manager of StubHub Center
- Christine Simmons, President & COO of LA Sparks
- Elizabeth Robinson, West Director of adidas Key Cities Los Angeles
- Dana Ryan, Sports Performance and Education Manager, Herbalife Nutrition
- Lindsay Amstutz, Assistant General Manager at FOX Sports West/Prime Ticket/FOX Sports San Diego
- Melinda Travis, CEO of Pro Sports Communications (Event Moderator)